Tuesday 17 March 2015

My Dad Brings Home Strange Pets

My dad brings home strange pets…
In the past, he has brought home a tiger from Tibet.
The tiger loved rice,
And chased the mice.   
But he wasn’t very friend or nice.                         
               
Once I asked for a puppy
But he brought home a guppy
Who did not swim?
He died before we could name him Jim.

I remember as a child,
Some of the animals were very wild.
(My dad has been doing this since I was 8,                         
Sometimes we used some strange fish pets
as bait.)

Sometimes I wonder if he’s sane?
None of the animals seemed very tame.
  
I believe my dad became quite famous…
My mom on the other hand, didn’t like all the muss,
But made a home for ALL of US!


My dad brings home strange pets. . .  I wonder what is next?

by Rodney Musanje
Grade 3, Father Turcotte School

No comments:

Post a Comment