Tuesday 17 March 2015

McMurray Trails

I walk the trails in Abasand,
With great joy and desire.
Over the forested hills,
I am always climbing higher.
In seasons of spring and summer and fall,
Of course in the winter its most of all.
I’ll walk the trails in Abasand,
Until the day I retire.

I walk the trails in Birchwood,
With frosted breath abundant.
Curving through the many paths,
Simply for the fun of it.
On bikes or sleds or skis or boots,
Wood buffalo activities taking root.
I’ll walk the trials in Birchwood,
Until I turn a hundred.

I walk the shores of the Athabasca,
Taking care not to fall in.
Casting a line looking for fish,
Natures beauty is callin’.
I walk in rain and Summer shine,
In Winter Spring or Fall time.
I’ll walk the shores of the Athabasca
Until that river runs dry.
 

by James Hood

No comments:

Post a Comment